School accreditation

The Department is the Commonwealth Government registered education provider for all education and welfare services delivered to international students in Victorian government schools.

Accordingly, Victorian government schools must be accredited by the Department to accept international students who hold a subclass 500 Student – Schools visa in their own name (the Department refers to these students as standard and study abroad students). Schools do not need to be accredited to teach temporary residents on other visas.

For further information on school accreditation, visit the ISP School Toolkit Section 9: Administrative requirements - Resources.

International student fees

Some international students are required to pay tuition fees Ministerial Order 819 specifies the tuition and other fees to be paid by, or on behalf of, international students enrolled at government schools for the educational, welfare and related services they receive​​.

For more information on tuition and other​​ fees, see:

CRICOS Provider Name and Code: Department of Education and Training, 00861K.
CRICOS Course Names and Codes: Primary (Prep to Year 6), 019047G; Secondary (7-12), 019048F; Victorian College of the Arts Secondary Course (7-12), 028651A.
Last Update: 12/01/2022 1:58 PM